As any savvy marketer knows, blogging is a vital tool for attracting the right kind of traffic to your site. If you’ve been blogging for any length of time, you might be trying out the idea of guest blogging too.
What is Guest Posting?
Guest posting, also known as guest blogging , is a way to do something different on someone else’s blog (in this case, your company). It’s a great way to get content written without the hassle of chasing down prospects and convincing them. This technique is perfect for bloggers who are looking for diverse topics that their target audience will be interested in:
- Attract more traffic.
- Increase their domain authority by establishing links to other high-authority domains.
- Showcase the expertise and credibility of their brand to position themselves ahead of the competition.
- Keep in touch with people in their field.
Most of the time, guest posting is mutually beneficial for both the blogger and website hosting them. In other words, guest posting is just as valuable for the person offering their blog for guest posts as the person who’s posting. So when you decide to post a guest blog, you should do the same to help boost your own website.
Why Guest Posting Is Important For Business?
Guest posting is a great way to promote your expertise in your field and position yourself as an authority. By writing for other companies’ websites, you can establish relationships with like-minded experts, which is especially valuable if you work in a niche market.
Some blog owners might choose to commission guest posts. This can help the site maintain a fresh perspective and content that is really interesting to readers. Including guest posts is a great way to keep readers engaged, as well as providing you with a promotional boost when those guest bloggers share their content.
Most blogs, like TopTal, source their content from other industry leaders. Even if you don’t have the time or resources to stick with a rigorous blogging schedule, guest bloggers can provide your readers with fresh blog posts.
How to start guest Posting?
To get the most out of guest blogging, you have to think about what your goals are in terms of your content strategy; try to find blogs where you can reach the right kind of audience and offer them a great solution.
There’s not a lot of surprise that there’s a lot of spam floating around the web. It’s up to you to make sure you’re not posting on any blogs that might be hosting spammy content or publishing any spammy content on your own blog.
Consider hiring writers with experience in your niche, in your market and from reputable institutions. You should also share an opinion that is similar to theirs and craft a message that aligns well with the variety of personas that you cater to. Guest blogging has the potential to do more harm than good if you don’t ask yourself a few important questions first.
Here are some of the things you want to take into consideration before submitting a guest post or accepting one:
- Does this post or blogger have a good social following? They’re definitely pushing the content hard to their networks and have generated quality comments & shares?
- Do they share their own blog posts on Facebook or Twitter?
- Is the website high in domain authority, which would increase my own SEO ranking?
- Does the company have an industry focus or area of expertise that complements my own?
Does guest Posting help with SEO?
Guest posting can be a great way to build your website’s domain authority and help it rank higher in search engine optimization.
It’s understandable why many people have had mixed feelings about guest blogging these past few years. With the risk of “spam bloggers” who bribe blog owners in exchange for posting content they don’t want to, many marketers have decided it’s best to refrain from using them.
Creating an SEO-boosting guest posting strategy begins with providing quality content to educate your readers. Low-quality content that is just meant to be a display for you links isn’t going to provide the same benefits.
Guest blogging can be a great way to increase your website rankings. Google chooses to rank sites by the links that other people create between those sites and yours, so they must feel like the content is high quality and relevant. When people comment, share, like or link to your blog, that increases your PageRank. That means when someone googles a similar topic, it pops up on the first page of Google.
But Google PageRank is just an algorithm, it can’t tell the difference between spam and dynamic content. Many bloggers make the mistake of writing articles solely to rank higher or be found online. You want to generate new, high-quality traffic, not just link bait or black hat techniques that only bring short term gains.
What does an authoritative guest posting look like?
High-quality guest blogs are the key to engaging with your target audience and creating a good impression. Making it sound like an advertisement for your business is not necessary, as long as you make it relevant.
When you write a guest blog, the goal should be to share knowledge and provide tips with your readers rather than promote your own product or service. Of course, if the article is related to what you’re working on and some of those points might apply too then it’s fine to mention it. But, there’s a big difference between trying to sell yourself and being more helpful and actionable.
Instead, seek out guest blogs in your topic of expertise to write for in order to position yourself as an authority and develop relationships with other bloggers or companies.
Additional brief recommendations to assist you improve your guest blogging approach are provided below:
- Create a brief, unambiguous author bio. While some businesses permit you to place links to your website within the main body of your blog, many don’t allow it or frequently modify the connections. Therefore, it’s unlikely that you’ll include a permanent link to your website anywhere else in your guest post than your bio.
- When writing a guest post, try to include at least one pertinent internal link to a prior blog post from the company. They’ll value your thorough research, and this tiny gesture will help them build more authority and traffic.
- Include a call to action at the end of each post encouraging readers to make comments. Keep in mind that the more comments and shares your site receives, the more popular it will appear in SEO searches.
- Utilize your own social media channels to promote your guest blog post. This is a thoughtful gesture that will increase traffic to your guest blogger’s website and to their company. Sharing your content should now come naturally to you, and it’s a nice way to express your gratitude for your guest post’s publication. The team behind the retro gaming website Solitaired ups the ante when it comes to promoting guest posts. They actively promote and push links to the high-quality solitaire or video game-related content they publish on other websites. Their publishing partner benefits greatly, and their backlink profile is strengthened.
- To monitor the volume of traffic coming from your guest post, use Google Analytics. This will enable you to see what is effective for your company and gain a better understanding of what readers want to read about.
By following these suggestions, you can avoid producing or accepting spammy material and enjoy the genuine advantages of guest blogging. Follow our suggested measures and only associate your company blog and posts with reputable marketers to improve your SEO rankings, build brand trust, and reach new audiences in your industry.
And as usual, keep creating fantastic, reliable content!